Thursday, September 30, 2010

Friends that are like family

We recently travelled back to NY for a week. It was really crazy. We had only been gone two months and during those two months, we were only really alone for 2 weeks because of all the company. It made the trip feel weird. It felt like we never had left. I didn't like that feeling and I'm thankful that we will be putting some distance between us and NY for a while. Christmas will be a perfect time to go back. It will have been 6 months since we had moved and 4 months since we had been there last.

While we were there, BC worked for the copier giant on site. He needed to check in with them and make sure they hadn't forgotten about him. Since we were in my in-laws city, we stayed with them. This was challenging for a number of reasons.

The main reason was how far away they live from the copier giant. They are 45 minutes away! I haven't travelled that far for anything since I left! Everything is right here. Each day we took BC to work on the eastside of the city and then we would visit our friends. This did not make the in laws too happy. June and Ward, mostly Ward, were not pleased by the amount of running around we were doing.


I can't help it! I have friends that are just like family to me! In fact there are times that I feel closer to my friends than I do my family. It's just the kind of person that I am and always have been. We did make sure we had quite a bit of time with June and Ward also. In fact we spent more time at their house than we were expecting.


We are trying to figure out how to work it out when we come in December to see our family (friends) and the in laws without making everyone so angry. Our current plan is to come up to NY the weekend before Christmas and stay with friends. BC will go to work on site and we will visit friends. Then as it gets closer to Christmas, we'll move to the in laws house. My sister in law Phoebe wants to see some of her friends as well so we are talking about the idea of an open house at June and Ward's. Maybe they will be happier if we see our friends at their house?


As if we didn't make June and Ward angry enough, we put some icing on the cake (or cinnamon roll) the morning we left. We were headed to Syracuse and had to be there by 9:30 to watch my friends kids while she took her baby for some testing. BC told his mom that we were leaving around 7:45 that morning. As we are up and getting ready to leave, June is making gluten free cinnamon rolls for BC. I kept thinking, there is no way those are going to be in time. Sure enough, June pops them in the oven at 8 am, just as we are leaving (late too I might add). Yeah, that was the frosting on the cinnamon roll. It went over like a lead cinnamon roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment