Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day

On Labor Day some of my neighbors were out laboring in their yards. Mabel was one of them. I had received this email (excerpt) from her earlier and wanted to talk with her a little more.

"I am so utterly disappointed in some of the people that live on this street. I have only spoken to that new woman 2 times (this is the one that peed on Mabel's lawn). Sally is so toxic that she turns people that don't even know me & to think that woman has just moved into the street really pisses me off!! What I find even more bizarre is that people are still talking to these woman after knowing what they have done & then talking to me!! I cannot & will not be 2 faced! I have way too much integrity & self respect to be involved in this disgusting childish behavior & i am now starting to disconnect myself from these people."

Then she wrote "Good luck being friends wih her. Some of her other friends have just turned their backs on her, I only hope she doesn't do the same to you!".

I took that as a .....well, I won't even say it on here. Anyway, I decided to talk to her face to face.

I can't remember the exact conversation but what I was trying to say to her was that I do not condone the peeing. I do not condone the mean behavior. I do not condone gossiping (what the heck are we doing on your lawn right now?) I've never met this new person that peed. Seriously, what do you want me to do? Essentially she was asking me to give Sally a piece of my mind and stop being friends with her. I reminded Mabel that I live right next door to Sally and I need to get along with her. Our kids are friends, we have to talk each time we let the dogs out at the same time because her dogs will eat mine as a snack if we don't coordinate.

Thankfully Tom (her next door neighbor) was there. He did say that while he doesn't like Sally, they have to get along as neighbors. He also reminded Mabel that she has probably been drunk many a time and made some poor choices herself. She agreed with that but said that act was done out of vengance.

This is really annoying!! The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. Where the heck are all the sane people??

3 comments:

  1. In answer to your last question... we live on Garson Avenue and we're FANTASTIC neighbors. I think the worst thing we ever did to you was accuse you of not celebrating Christmas appropriately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you accused me of being Jewish and then brought be some Christmas lights! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have no advice.
    i don't get along with my neighbors with whom we share a property line, so i can't tell you how to solve it with your neighbors.

    ReplyDelete